Cooking with Patty, my personal collection of Italian recipes

Cooking with Patty, my italian recipe collection


Welcome to Cooking With Patty! This is a site about authentic Italian cuisine and my recipes are just as I prepare them here at home in Italy. I wanted to publish my recipes because I would like to share real Italian cooking, culture and way of living. Just think of it as a glimpse into my kitchen and recipe books in Verona. Take a look!

I publish new recipes once or twice a month. Sign-up here for my newsletter and never miss a recipe!

email

name

Subscribe

my 5 newest Italian recipesmy 5 newest Italian recipes

Eggplant parmesan - Parmigiana di melanzane recipe

Sabbiosa cake recipe

Pasta with zucchini flowers recipe

Fried Sage leaves recipe

Penne cacio e pepe recipe

< 1 2 3 4 5 >


10 Italian recipes for anyones budget

Italian food and eating is generally inexpensive and very simple to make. In fact there are many dishes that cost lest than $10 for 4 servings*. Below I prepared a collection of first course dishes that cost less than $10 for 4 servings*. In my site there are many more, but these are a good start.
There are only three common ingredients that are expensive in Italy and they are Parmesan, Pecorino, and olive oil. Clearly if you buy a chunk of Parmesan to make one pasta you certainly will spend more than $10, however if you use it regularly then it adds less than a dollar to the total costs of a dish. The same is true for olive oil. The whole bottle has its costs, but used a few tablespoons at a time is a whole different story. Have a look at some of the recipes below.

The recipes

    Risi Bisi recipe
    Risi Bisi
    Simple recipe that is perfect in the spring time with fresh peas on the market.
    $7.90 serves 4 | get the recipe

    Spaghetti alla carbonara recipe
    Spaghetti alla carbonara
    The classics of classics on the table for less than $10
    $5.65 serves 4 | get the recipe

    Bucatini all'amatriciana
    Bucatini all'amatriciana
    I use pancetta which is non smoked bacon, cut in cubes. I make another exception to the recipe I prefer short pasta like pennette.
    $8.74 serves 4 | get the recipe

    Spaghetti alla puttanesca recipe
    Spaghetti alla puttanesca
    This is a really famous dish from Naples and a great recipe if you like anchovies
    $9.80 serves 4 | get the recipe

    Fettuccine all’Alfredo recipe
    Fettuccine all’Alfredo
    The base for a recipe that is more popular in the States than it is in Italy.
    $4.55 serves 4 | get the recipe

    Gnocchi with pesto recipe
    Gnocchi with pesto
    This is one of my favorite gnocchi dishes. I know basil could be expensive but just keep a plant handy in your home or plant some in your garden if you can.
    $9.90 serves 4 | get the recipe

    Risotto with asparagus recipe
    Risotto with asparagus
    Asparagus are synonymous with spring.
    $9.95 serves 4 | get the recipe

    Pasta with Garlic recipe
    Pasta with garlic
    This is not the classic spaghetti con olio, aglio e peperoncino but a recipe that my dad invented many years ago.
    $5.15 serves 4 | get the recipe

    Spaghetti cacio e pepe recipe
    Spaghetti cacio e pepe
    Simple, good and under $5! What more can you ask for from a classic pasta from Rome.
    $4.95 serves 4 | get the recipe

    Pasta with Tuna fish recipe
    Pasta with Tuna fish
    Most Italians add tomatoes to the tuna sauce, but I prefer it without because the tomato covers the taste of the fish.
    $8.05 serves 4 | get the recipe

* I calculated prices based on findings online and in grocery stores in Minnesota that my relatives checked for me. Obviously these prices are indicative and may vary depending where you live.

No comments:

Post a Comment