What is Italian Cooking?

Festa della Cipolle
| Print |

Written by Deborah Mele

Tuesday, 08 September 2009 14:57

The one thing we have been amazed about the past few months while we have been in Umbria is just how many food festivals, or sagre there are. Every Friday listed in the Umbrian weekend paper are a list of every sagra being held in the region, and there can be dozens of different festivals running through any given weekend. One small town may hold a Sagra di Gnocchi while a neighboring town might celebrate a Sagra di Fritelle. It seems any food or ingredient you can think of has been used in these local celebrations, and this ingredient will be the focal point of the meal being offered for sale. As well, after dinner there is usually a live band and dancing that may (as we have found out) run into the wee hours of the morning.

Last Updated on Tuesday, 08 September 2009 19:11

Read more...

Add your comment

Nutella Challenge Part Two ~ Mezza Lunas
| Print |

Written by Deborah Mele

Wednesday, 02 September 2009 16:05

It is once again the start of a new month which means it is also time for a new Nutella recipe. There are a number of us food bloggers who have taken the challenge to create a new recipe that includes Nutella every month. I am not sure why, but a challenge such as this one has me constantly thinking up new recipes so I may add a second Nutella recipe this month as I have too many ideas I want to share! To find out more about this challenge, check out the Nutella Challenge page on Paulla's blog for details! Also, don't forget to check out our last month's Nutella Challenge Recipes.

Last Updated on Wednesday, 02 September 2009 20:14

Read more...

Comments (8)

The Eggplant ~ Queen Of Italian Vegetables
| Print |

Written by Deborah Mele

Thursday, 20 August 2009 11:19

It is hard to believe that we are already more than half way through August, and soon many will be thinking of the cooler fall temperatures that will be arriving before we know it. It is at this time though that many gardens are simply overflowing with fresh vegetables, particularly zucchini, tomatoes, and eggplant. I personally love the eggplant and never tire of finding new ways to prepare it although I know many folks have just never learned to appreciate it in the same way.

Last Updated on Tuesday, 01 September 2009 08:44

Read more...

Comments (5)

Just Call Me The Queen Of The Crostata
| Print |

Written by Deborah Mele

Tuesday, 25 August 2009 11:29

I have a confession to make......I really am not much of a baker. I like to think I am a pretty good cook, but when it comes to pastry dough I tend to break out into hives. Oh, I CAN bake a two crusted pie that isn't bad if I absolutely had to, but I really don't enjoy doing so and tend to avoid such recipes at all costs. On top of my pastry dough aversion I also have an odd tendency to fall in love with a specific food or ingredient for long periods of time and will spend many hours every week thinking up new recipes for my "flavor of the month" as I like to call them. I have gone through fresh fig obsessions, fell hard for artichokes for an entire spring, had strange cravings for ANYTHING with capers in it which thankfully passed after a couple of months, and we won't even discuss my odd addiction to poultry which still continues although I now try to keep that problem under control. My newest infatuation (some might say fixation) is surprisingly with a simple fruit crostata and I blame it all on David Lebovitz.

Last Updated on Saturday, 29 August 2009 07:53

Read more...

Comments (10)

Italian Food Forever News/Updates

To receive the Italian Food Forever newsletter in your inbox, enter your email below to subscribe.

Italian Food Forever Ezine - Subscribe

Powered by Ezine Director

No comments:

Post a Comment